Universal Credit is meant to be a simpler single monthly payment for people in or out of work.
The brainchild of Iain Duncan Smith and his Broken Britain policy it has been beset with problems from the start.
It was intoduced to take over from some of the benefits they now refer to as: legacy benefits. They are:
- Housing benefit.
- Child Tax Credit.
- Income support
- Working Tax Credit.
- Jobseeker’s Allowance.
- Employment and Support Allowance
Some Universal Credit facts
- If you’re in an area which offers afull service, you’ll be made to claim Universal Credit.
- If you’re not in a full service area, you will continue to claim existing benefits until you’re made to claim UC.
- If you get help with your rent, this will be included in your monthly payment – you’ll then pay your landlord directly. Yes yourself.
- If you live with someone as a couple and…
View original post 594 more words